Friday, February 20, 2015

Happy Year of the GoatSheepRam

Kung Hei Fat Choi.

After wrestling off a cold which was no doubt the result of lack of sleep and running, it was time to celebrate Chinese New Year.  Friday afternoon started with an antipasto free flow buffet at Linguini Fini with Sylvia and John and was followed by a free flow junk and seafood smorgasbord with Brian and Allison and new friends.  Since calling it quits at 9pm it not an option, the party continued in Sheung Wan.

Today hurts.

Seafood on Lamma

Best seat in the house.

Hi Brian


Saucy. 
I thought a walk up to the Peak would help.  It didn't.  I thought a glass of wine would help.  It didn't.  Turns out the only thing to help a raging hangover is copious amounts of more alcohol, which luckily, Katie was kind enough to bestow upon me.

Katie has a stunning apartment on the Peak and has just found out that she's being relocated to London.  As such she's made a deal with herself to go out  every night of her remaining Hong Kong tenure.  It's so sad to see her go (pour one out) but will be fun to see what kind of trouble we can get into before she goes.

On a semi-related note, I have just signed up for my first trail run. It's only 13k so let's hope it works out better than my most recent race.  Thanks for that Cambodia.

This is a massive week.  Actually it's a massive month ahead.  I am totally stacked with work events including my first corporate tasting this Tuesday.  We have 12 or so lawyers and their clients coming in to listen to me speak about wine.  I want to take this year to hone my presenting and speaking skills as its a) an important life skill but also b) hugely imperative for the MW program.   The knowledge is there now it's just a matter of being engaging and hopefully entertaining.  Any advice is more than welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment