Saturday, March 8, 2014

Food Poisoning

I was going to update this blog yesterday with all of the incredible wine dinners I have been attending this week, but then I got food poisoning and couldn't do much of anything but run to the bathroom and vom. 

I went to lunch with some girlfriends and had the eggs florentine with salmon, a few glasses of Champagne, and then came home to nap.  After a quick nap I woke up a bit nauseous.  The nausea persisted.  I sat in cramped up agony.  Took a walk.  Felt worse.  Paul and I put on 12 Years a Slave (great movie!) where I ran back and forth to the bathroom all night, and eventually puked everything out of my already dehydrated body at 10pm.  This went on a while and I was eventually able to fall asleep by 1.

Thank you, Shelter Lounge, and thank you for your rotten salmon.  I haven't had food poisoning like this ever, even in India, and the timing couldn't be any better.  I've just tried my luck with some oatmeal, coconut oil, and almond milk in an attempt to test the waters before leaving the country...for Macau...for the Rolling Stones tonight!!!

This blows chunks. Literally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment