Monday, November 11, 2013

Port burgundy Starbucks






 
And again I am behind.  Here it is Nov 11th and I'm posting about the end of October, but alas, my wine tests are over, the expo is over, and my time has become sufficiently more free to write again.  I'm back.
 
 
Came home one day to fresh veg samosas from Lolita!
 
 
A few weeks back I went to the Vintage Port Academy's tasting at the Conrad.  The ports were all young, but delicious nonethelesss...
 
And the cheese! I behaved as I had a wine dinner immediately following.
 
 
I met with Ian (my WSET level 3 teacher) and some of his WSET diploma friends for an evening all about Burgundy wines and French food (La Parole- I highly recommend it.  And NO corkage!).  Scallops, above were divine, as was my seafood casserole, below.
 
The wines were mostly from Gevery Chambertin (power Pinot), but Michael managed to sneak one in from Canada and no one could pick it out.  It was definitely the most pinot of the bunch...and we had a bunch!  It was Blue Mountain from Okanagan FYI
 
 
And then I had to study for sparkling and spirits were a' callin

No comments:

Post a Comment