Wednesday, November 20, 2013

(Probably) the Last Junk of the Season

Later that night Laura needs a cast!


When last we parted I was nursing a pretty tough headache from Wine HK, which was fantastic.  Paul and I eventually made our way out all the way over to Kennedy Town. For those of you not family, Kennedy Tow is as far West on the island as you can go.  

Alicia <3s dogs too
I went over to Laura and Derek’s apartment to meet the girls, and Paul went over to...somewhere to play pool with Derek.  Our friend Stephanie just graduated from HKIED, the same program Paul is doing, but she did the fast track (1 yr, half of which was in NZ).  Needless to say, Hong Kong is weird and even though she finished her program months and months and months ago, graduation was just on Saturday.  Apparently this is common. 
Courtney <3s dogs three
We chatted, had some snacks and drinks, perhaps too many drinks given my fragile state, and then it was off with Paul to go meet with Court and Patrick and Kass and Todd at La Cabane.  I love La Cabane and am glad I get to go back again tomorrow for their Beaujolais Nouveau party. 

Sai Kung Hebe One

Sunday was another headache day, but I managed to get out of bed early as the open seas were calling.  I finally ran into a friend of a friend that I was supposed to meet years ago, a couple weeks back.  I kind of recognized him via some old fashioned FB stalking.  I very discreetly said “Andy Hyde” under my breath as he walked by, and turns out he recognized me too!  Well, let me tell you.  Andy has a boat.  Said boat was out of commission for the past couple of months (propeller issues) and was ready for action again Sunday.

 

So I met Andy, his girlfriend Liz and friend Stephanie, and we taxi-ed up to Sai Kung.  Then a ferry boat to his boat.  And then out.  Who owns their own junk?   Awesome people that’s who.  We cruised out to a secluded beach, drank wine, ate tasty cheese and charcuterie from Burgundy, swam (briefly- it was cold!) and then head back.  This is how every Sunday should be spent.  Always.  Thanks, Andy for a great day!!

Andy, Liz, and Steph picnic

Monday evening I met Simone and Jean for a little Unit 3 prep.  We decided how we’re going to break up the studying for our next unit of the dipoma.  There is so much we have to know, and even though there’s still a year + until the exam, it’s totally overwhelming.  Tuesday night wine classes with JC help, especially last night because we got to drink Valpolicella from Dal Forno...

Apartment hunting tonight.  Wish me luck. 

When last we parted I was nursing a pretty tough headache from Wine HK, which was fantastic.  Paul and I eventually made our way out all the way over to Kennedy Town. For those of you not family, Kennedy Tow is as far West on the island as you can go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment